About Rainbow |
Infant Room |
Toddler Room |
Preschool Room |
Contact Us |
Our Preschool Room has a 3-hour Montessori learning session daily to
teach practical life, language, sensorial, music, mathematic, geographic and scientific skills. The
preschool teachers offer a well-rounded curriculum and love to read,
sing, and do sign language with the preschoolers as they teach (basic Spanish, colors, shapes,
etc). The teachers also provide time for making art projects, developing small motor skills (like
writing, cutting, matching, playing musical instruments, etc.) as well as for developing large motor skills
like dancing, sports, and other exercise. Manners like please, thank you or taking turns are shown and encouraged.
Occasional computer lessons are for the older preschoolers to help improve eye-hand coordination. A
music teacher comes weekly to teach the preschoolers songs for the bi-annual concerts where they get to
perform for their family in the Spring and Winter.
The following are some testimonials from parents when asked about what makes them feel good about our
Preschool program at Rainbow Montessori:
- "The Spanish vocabulary my daughter is learning, the reading skills my
daughter has gained and the basic addition/subtraction she has learned. We
are very pleased with our daughter's progress at Rainbow!" - Tony and Joyce
- "My daughter (4 yrs old) just started a month ago. She loves the
preschool staff especially the head teacher Miss Theresa. My daughter comes
home with an artwork and a few papers that she herself wrote like her name,
numbers, letter-case matching, and simple words containing a different vowel
sound each day. Just yesterday she was attempting to read me a book about
fruit and was phonetically sounding each letter because she was so excited
to show me what she learns at school. - Natasha H.
- "Manners, eating habits, and cleanliness...I can see a lot of
improvement in my child's behavior and manners...Thank you so much Rainbow
Montessori for making my child's life better." - Lalitha B.
- "Parent-teacher communication, children's work, and learning strategies"
- "I love the variety of materials within each section of the classroom.
I like how Mrs. Chrys's travels bring back new classroom materials for the
children to learn about different parts of the world." - Holly C.
- "[My younger preschooler] is interacting with other children his age, he
loves to learn and you are helping with potty training." - Jacintha H.
- "I am so happy that I found Rainbow...Smaller groups are best for
him...I love the attention that my son gets one on one and the learning
projects that he does." - Nathan K.
- "The children learn SO much. My 4 year old can do addition, subtraction
and compose simple sentences. Socially, my child is above and beyond my
expectations of other children his age. I am very proud that my child went
here! I commend teachers at Rainbow that put in the love, attention and
care to teach them the skills they need to excel in life." - Anonymous.
- "[The school's] curriculum and format...[my son's] development has been
great." - Ryan L.
- "Great teachers, he learns a lot and he has fun here. I'm very pleased
with the things my son is learning. Seeing his progression has been
amazing." - Maria M.
- "All the learning aspects, building their self-esteem and
confidence...My daughter has learned so much at RM (Rainbow Montessori) and
looks forward to coming everyday." - Deanna W.
- "[I] like that the teachers focus on letters, numbers, and signs; [I]
love that the teachers keep me informed; and [I] like the interaction with
groups of children." - Kelly S.
- "Detailed feedback on progress, video [Slideshow of children's
activities at school] was cool, and social interaction...I feel like my son
is learning a lot here." - Isaac R.
- "My son is happy, he loves to tell me about his day and all the new
stuff he has learned. I, and everyone else, noticed a huge change in his
attitude...He loves to go to school. I truly, honestly, have no
complaints. I feel all the teachers have the kids' best interest in mind
and heart." - Maria L.