About Rainbow |
Infant Room |
Toddler Room |
Preschool Room |
Contact Us |
The children at Rainbow
Montessori have a fun-filled and exciting day filled with numerous activities.
- Practical Life Activities: Matching, pairing, sequencing, gradation, pouring,
developing small muscle coordination, and learning about grace and social courtesies.
- Sensorial Activities: Awareness of the many sensorial impressions of our world.
They learn colors, shapes, dimensions, scents, tastes, temperatures, textures,
weights, and more by categorizing the world that they live in.
- Language Skills: Learning the sounds of our language cracks the code to
reading (phonics and phonograms). Children begin to understand that putting
3 to 4 sounds together makes a word and putting a group of words together makes
a sentence. Writing also comes to the child at this time. He/She is
spontaneously able to read and write.
- Math Skills: The child learns the symbols to the numbers, the sequence
of numbers, teens, tens, skip counting, and the four operations of mathematics
(addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division). Fractions are also
introduced when the child is ready.
- Geography: The child learns about the world around us and about other
cultures through maps, flags and cultural picture cards.
- Science/Botany/Zoology: The child learns about
plant life, the animal kingdoms and our universe.
- Foreign Language: Spanish and Sign languages are introduced.
The children learn colors, numbers, foods, family members, animals,
simple sentences, songs, and days of the week.
Music and Rhythm: We have daily singing and movement times.
Dance classes are also included.
- Art: Enables the child to unlock his/her creative potential.
- Computer Awareness: Simple matching games for colors, numbers, letters,
and shapes are played on the computer to help strengthen their eye-hand coordination
as well as familiarize them to using a standard keyboard and mouse.
- Social Grace & Courtesies: We help children understand the
importance of interacting politely in social situations. We teach
manners, table etiquette, social reactions and roles in conversational
- Toilet Training: We have child-size toilets and consistent bathroom
times, in each room to aide in the process of toilet training.
Special Events, Field-Trips, and Themes